The modern era has been revolutionized by taking proper measures of what actually can be done to fill the loopholes. One major issue that was faced by most of the businesses previously- the inability to work upon the same set of data at the same instant of time. As there be problems, there also be solutions which might not come to us frequently sometimes but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. QuickBooks hosting is the most suitable solution for issues faced by the number of organizations long back.
QuickBooks Hosting: What It Actually Means?
Most of the businesses who were already fixed with QuickBooks accounting software have instantly added the benefits of QuickBooks cloud in their business. Hosted Quickbooks is the simplest way to integrate your business related data & files at a single place in the cloud. Powered with the technology of cloud computing, QuickBooks in the cloud means to install your current QuickBooks Desktop version on the server’s network hosted over the Internet which let user access any file from any location using the web browser. The installation will not be done on any local machine instead give your business adaptability of cloud access.
So in short- QuickBooks hosting offers both, adherence to the desktop version as well as reachability of cloud access.
What is the Strategy QuickBooks Hosting Follows?
Many times users who keenly want to outscore their reach towards new innovations get confused in QuickBooks in the cloud & QuickBooks for a desktop. Actually, one can have the benefits of cloud access only if his business is using the features of QuickBooks accounting software already. In order to understand How QuickBooks in the cloud works, below points will help you:
- Once you decided to integrate data in hosted Quickbooks, the very first need of integration is to install licensed copies of QuickBooks on the server of the provider.
- After checking of license authenticity, the user is able to access the main server using the Internet along with accepting certain assortments i.e. configuration process starts:
- Broadcasting of security steps in order to assure the security of an application.
- Provisioning connectivity in between the user and server via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) which can also be taken as login of the desired user.
- Accommodation of server to provide ease of accessibility for the user can access hosted data using any device such as the tablet, smartphone or desktop while working on different operating systems as well.
- Almost all UI, features & other functionalities remain same of that QB desktop just user needs a web browser or RDP shortcut to access QuickBooks in the cloud.
- Lastly, all the made changes will be saved automatically on the hosted QuickBooks and all the authorized users can confront them.
What Makes QuickBooks Hosting Superior To Traditional QuickBooks Desktop?
From past decades, QuickBooks Desktop is constantly topping the charts of reliable & most-usable accounting software. But it’s an evergreen fact from which no one can deny- As time passes every better does change into good, so is QuickBooks desktop version. The limited boundaries of software making it hard for businesses to achieve maximum potential.
Some major limitations of QuickBooks Desktop version accounting software are focused below:
- Limited users can access data
- Unavailability of Remote access feature
- All data is stored on a local device thus the risk of data loss occurs
- Team members cannot collaborate with each other in a real-time environment
- Complexity in sharing and exchanging of files among each other.
So these all are the major issues that are making traditional QuickBooks accounting software a pristine less accomplished software which is lacking in many terms. Whereas QuickBooks hosting is somehow assuring users with advanced features which will benefit them and modernize their business.
The major benefits users will get as perks of mitigation with cloud are given below:
- Complete Backup options to negate accidental data loss.
- Tracking of data in the real-time environment.
- Accessibility to multiple users over authorization.
- Ease of file sharing with unlimited users.
- Minimization of huge IT costs.
- Accessibility of same data at the same time from any device.
- Enhanced data security
Almost these are the features that are making traditional QuickBooks desktop version better than that of QuickBooks in the cloud hosting.
Different Styles Of QuickBooks Hosting As Per Your Need:
Intuit, the real developer of QuickBooks, is offering three ways using which hosting of QuickBooks Desktop application can be done:
- Dedicated Hosting: In this type of hosting, each user is directly connected to the server on which QuickBooks is installed. This hosting provides higher delivery speed as compare to other ones.
- Peer-to-Peer Hosting: Such hosting is mainly for on-premise hosting needs in which one user among all hosts the application & data in order to provide access to other users on the network.
- Alternate Hosting: As the name suggests, in this particular hosting type one main user is connected to the hosting server using the Internet and other users are connected to the main user. All other users are connected with the main user to access the software over the local network.
What are the Versions that Supports Quickbooks Hosting?
Although many hosting providers are successfully offering to host with all versions of QuickBooks desktop including QuickBooks Enterprise, pro, accountant & premier. So it is not a major issue that anyone will confront while trying to mitigate their data in the cloud. Various country-specific versions that are released by QuickBooks are also compatible with servers of hosting providers.
What Are The Main Aspects To Keep In Mind While Selecting A QuickBooks Hosting Provider?
There’s no doubt that many in the market are ready to offer your cloud hosting services but which one is an exquisite choice and very hard to decide. But on a safer side, everyone should go with providers who are actually experts in the field of the cloud. It is even more reliable & secure to opt authentic hosting providers, the one who carries authorization of doing so mark. The main developer itself functioned some of their commercial partners to ensure the security & safety of user’s data.
According to their screening processes, here are some valid cross-checks that everyone should consider before finalizing their cloud hosting provider:
- Authorization from Intuit
- Guarantee mark of Uptime
- Complete information about plans & their prices
- Transparency of data & password storage policies
- Gained customer reviews & other testimonials for their previous work
- Provides Backup & DR solutions
Frequently Asked Questions about QuickBooks Hosting
Q. Is it possible for me to save a local backup copy of data files on my desktop?
A. Yes, It is possible to save a backup copy of your data on your desktop. However, if you make changes to that saved copy, it will contradict with the data residing on your central remote server.
Q. How safe will be my hosting data with QuickBooks?
A. Intuit only allows the right networks to provide cloud-based hosting services for QuickBooks. The team of dedicated IT professionals monitors all the data stored systems and updates or upgrades as per requirements in a timely manner. So each user’s data is completely secure with QuickBooks hosting.
Q. What I need to set up my own network to avail QuickBooks hosting other than Internet?
A. Almost NothinThe g. Internet is the only network you’ll require.
Q. Can I try QuickBooks hosting for free?
A. Absolutely Yes! You can try how QuickBooks in the cloud actually works as there are many providers who are offering the service for free for some limited span of time.