How to Fix “The file you are specified cannot be opened” error in QuickBooks
Table of Contents:
- Measure 1: Make Use of Admin permission to run QuickBooks
- Measure 2: Restart the PC or give access to user Account control
When you try to update the payroll or start a professional form, or pay dues, you can run into a specific error message:
“The file you specified can’t be opened.”
Measure 1: Make Use of Admin permission to run QuickBooks
- Quit the QuickBooks software and right-click on the icon
- Select Run as Administrator.
- If you use Windows X, you’ll get a message… followed by an Administrator.
- Enter inside the information needed to access as the Windows Administrator
- The software file needs to start, and no issues have to be confronted.
- Enable the application to install the latest updates.
- Close the application.
Measure 2: Restart the PC or give access to user Account control
- Scroll to home windows start and visit the control Panel
- Select the user accounts and family safety
- Click on the user account again within the screen
- Search if the UAC is active or inactive, and choose it
- Ascertain that the checkbox to use UAC to help protect your computer has not opted.
- Reboot your computer.
For windows ⅞ users implement the instructions given below:
- Go to the Control Panel and type UAC in the search box.
- Tap on alter user Account control settings
Turn off UAC:
Select never notify. The system may ask you to enter the login credentials. Type the password. Once done, reboot your pc.
Select when you need to get notified, followed by ok. Enter the credentials if needed and type the password. Once done, reboot your pc.
Facing Issues? Submit Your Queries
Can't find what you're looking for?
Please reach out to [email protected]and we will happily answer any question you may have.Talk To Our Technical Expert