If you are reading this blog, you must have probably made a smart choice of moving to QuickBooks cloud hosting from your current accounting solution. Where QuickBooks is a versatile accounting solution, the flexible hosting platform allows you to fulfil your business accounting needs with various features like collaboration abilities for multiple users, better security, accessibility, etc.
Its various features and benefits signify how beneficial it has proved itself for various businesses. However, you should not be blind to the fact that there is a huge difference between QuickBooks and QuickBooks hosting service provider. So, here we have shared with you a few important aspects of QuickBooks Cloud Hosting that business owner should consider before migrating to the Cloud.
1. Functionalities related to the Cloud
Understanding the working of the cloud is the main and prior task that can help you make use of the full potential of the resource. You don’t require hiring an accountant or a financial advisor to crack the basics of cloud computing. If you can attain the basic knowledge of how QuickBooks works on the digital platform, this will suffice the purpose.
This actually is a smart step as you won’t require taking the assistance of anyone while you are migrating to the cloud or are planning to do so. However, if you do need expert supervision regarding media or storage, it is better to ask help from your QuickBooks Cloud Hosting provider.
2. Challenges related to Security
For any organization, accountant data acts as the core element. So, it is imperative that you should consider the security of your data to be higher and first on the priority list compared to the service charges.
If you are planning to move to the hosting service, there are possibly two reasons for it:
- You are subscribed to QuickBooks Online but are looking for a better and highly effective solution
- You are still working on the desktop version and wish to unlock all the better advantages with hosted QuickBooks
Almost everyone is aware of how dangerous the current cyber-attacks have become. The newspapers are full of news related to security breaches and online frauds that many companies have suffered. Taking hints from these cases, your business data protection should be your primary data security concern before you finalize a cloud hosting vendor.
Before you fix and invest in any QuickBooks Cloud hosting service provider, we advise you to check for these security features for sure:
- Security systems and their efficiency to detect intrusions and prevent them before harm
- RDP (Remote Desktop) gateways
- End-to-end data encryption
- Malware prevention system
- Virus detection and prevention
- Multiple firewalls (including Network Firewall)
- SSAE-16 Type II (SOC-2) certified data centers
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) complied
- Security Auditing
- Configuration Change Management
- Network Monitoring
- IAM or Enterprise Identity and Access Management
- Detection and Auditing of added devices
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Consistent Log Monitoring
- Centralized Logging
- Single Sign-on
- Identity and Access Management
3. Authenticity related to Service Reliability
As simple as it sounds, reliability on a server comes when they keep the promises mage to the customers. QuickBooks has earned that badge of reliability, but you need to check the trustworthiness of your preferred hosted QuickBooks service provider.
You need to forage the digital market and find out how well your preferred hosting provider is established and renowned. It is extremely vital for you to check the following reliability aspects:
- Managed Services
- Backup Policy
- Pay-as-you-go Option
- Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity
- Customer service
- Regular System Upgrades
- SLA-guaranteed Uptime
- Backup Policy
- Multi-user Collaboration
- Daily Data Backup
- Pre-loaded Tools
- Seamless Apps and Add-ons integration with QuickBooks
- Zero Downtime
4. Upgradation and Add-ons to the Cloud
Everyday technology is upgrading and updating in leaps and bounds, and as a user, you also need to be on the same page. With a better understanding of the cloud platform and its workings, you are bound to gradually become adept at analyzing the various trends of the cloud and the impact it can create on your business.
Migrating to the hosting platform does not only signify that the service provider is adept at good customer support or has a self-acclaimed noteworthiness. When you choose a QuickBooks hosting provider to migrate your data to the cloud, the organization should also ensure that you are provided with the latest upgrades for a smooth-running work protocol.
Even if the packages may differ as per your business requirement, you should look for advantages in the form of advantageous add-ons like:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Bill & Pay
- Method CRM
- Fishbowl Inventory
Added to the above aspects, you also require to be updated regarding the current events before or during the migration procedure. Check for the plan prices, latest deals, any addition in the service features, etc.
5. Service Level Agreement
Another aspect that you must check from your intended QuickBooks hosting service provider is the proof of authentic contractual relationship documents. Most of you will also know this document as a Service Level Agreement or SLA. Look for the minimum level of services they are bound to provide you once you have migrated your data to the virtual platform. The basic services listed in the documents could be:
- 24 x 7 tech support
- Data security round the clock
- 99.99% uptime
- BBB A+ Accredited
- Mobile friendly solution
- Platform flexibility
- Universal Printing and scanning solutions
- Option to select from add-ons
- Software license code for each dedicated server deployment
6. Questions to Definitely Ask
Asking questions regarding the QuickBooks Cloud Hosting provider is a great step to choosing a good plan as per your business needs. We understand the value of money and how important service quality matters to people. So, we advise you that before you settle with your intended QuickBooks hosting service provider, make sure you make comparisons with multiple service providers.
Ask these questions and only when you get satisfactory answers, go for the service provider.
- Is the company trustworthy?
- Are the customer support agents available 24*7?
- Will the representative resolve my queries?
- What are their service ratings in various review platforms?
- How often will my QuickBooks data be backed up?
- Are their data centers located within the country or outside?
- Do they really comply with all the HIPAA guidelines?
- Do they forcibly try to sell me a service?
- Can I avail a multiuser environment?
- Are the security checks present only in one level or in multiple levels?
Closing on a Positive Note
It is extremely important that you are well aware of all your business-related aspects and how migration to the cloud will help your company. Cloud-hosted QuickBooks offers users unlimited benefits. However, it is also imperative that you remain vigilant when taking such an important decision. Remember, if you falter in your studies, you falter alone. But when you falter in business, you become responsible for many.
So, we advise you to consider the above-highlighted considerations before migrating your accounting operations on the cloud. If you do have any queries related to QuickBooks hosting, feel free to Contact us at +1-855-922-7243. Our Tech Advisors and hosting specialists are always ready to offer you the best resolution fit for your business.