How do you fix QuickBooks Error 6073?
Table of Contents:
- What is QuickBooks Error 6073?
- Fix 1: Fix your Company File with QuickBooks File Doctor
- Fix 2: Fix the 6073 99001 Error Manually
- Situation 1- Opening company files in another PC in single-user mode
- Situation 2- When your file is opened in the Host computer, yet in a single-user mode
- Fix 3: Type a New Name for Network Data File With.ND Extension
- Fix 4. Run the Quick Fix my Program
What is QuickBooks Error 6073?
When a user tries to access the company file, they can accidentally come across the 6000 series error codes. Generally, while opening a company file, you will face this problem stating an error message:
“QuickBooks is unable to open the company file.”
Also, it implies that other users might have opened the company file. There are several reasons behind the QuickBooks Error 6073 9900.
Fix 1: Fix your Company File with QuickBooks File Doctor
If your company file is damaged, then you must use QuickBooks File Doctor. It can fix all the problems in relation to your company file. For this, you are required to download the utility from the Intuit official website and run it. It will automatically detect errors and diagnose the same.
Fix 2: Fix the 6073 99001 Error Manually
There can be multiple situations when you face this problem, depending on the case, you are required to proceed further with the troubleshooting measure.
Situation 1- Opening company files in another PC in single-user mode:
- Close QB Desktop on all systems.
- Run the company file through the host system.
- Move to the File tab and turn on the Multi-User mode
- Reboot all the systems.
Situation 2- When your file is opened in the Host computer, yet in a single-user mode:
- Close and re-open your company file.
- Click on the Open or Restore Company tool from the File tab
- Next, run a company file and tap on Next
- Choose the company file you need to access.
- Click on Open in Multi-User Mode.
Fix 3: Type a New Name for Network Data File With.ND Extension
.ND files are the QuickBooks network files that allow QuickBooks to run the company files. If your network data file is corrupt and damaged, first you are required to fix the QuickBooks error 6073.
- Double-click on the Start menu to run the Windows Explorer
- Next, search for the folder that has the file you need to access.
- Right-click the file on the.ND file extension and the. QBW extension
- Enter OLD in your network data file end that has.ND extension as .ndold.
- Hit Enter and save the changes.
- Open QuickBooks and retry opening the company file
Fix 4. Run the Quick Fix my Program
Quick Fix my Program closes all your background processes that software uses and runs a repair on the system.
- Start the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to the Program Problems tab.
- Select the Quick Fix my Program.
- Start QuickBooks and run the company file.
Facing Issues? Submit Your Queries