QuickBooks is an impeccable accounting software designed for small and mid-size entities. However, at times, some or the other kinds of issues arise while using this tool, causing serious troubles for the users. In this regard, there are some errors that may arise while creating or opening company files in QuickBooks. These errors are -6000, -82Error -6000, -106. If you are someone who is facing the above-mentioned issues, we have come up with the steps that you can follow to solve these errors on your own.
|Please Note: Before you are going to perform any of the following steps please make sure that your QuickBooks software is updated to the latest release. And, it is also recommended to fix your network issues and company file with QuickBooks File Doctor.|
Solution 1: Check the company name and remove spaces before the company file extension and after the company name.
- Log out of QuickBooks Desktop on all devices, before performing the steps.
- Now, you need to open the file folder where your company’s file is stored.
- Rename the company file by Right-clicking on the company file and choosing ‘Rename’.
- Now, select the name of the file and check and remove any spaces before the company file extension and after the company name.
- Now, try to create or open a company file.
If you followed the above steps and the issue persists, then please proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2: In this solution, we will discuss the steps to turn off hosting with each device where QuickBooks is installed
Important Note: These steps are meant to be followed under expert surveillance or if you have technical knowledge of the software.
- For Single-User Access:
Note: Turning off the Hosting mode will disable multi-user access.
- Now, you need to Go to File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Click on Yes, when a message of "Stop hosting multi-user access" appears.
- Select Yes, When the "Company file must be closed" message appears on your screen.
- For Multi-User Access:
Note: In the case of multi-user access, this error usually shows that client computer/s are incorrectly set up to host.
Go to each client computer where the error is displaying:
- Select the file from the No Company Open window and then choose Utilities.
- Now, you need to confirm that the menu option Host Multi-User Access is displayed. In the menu option, you might find one or more than one client’s file. Click on ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ which indicates that these clients are already hosting multi-user access.
- Now, Select the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option on client computer displaying the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, then follow on the screen prompts to turn off hosting.
- Try to open the file again. If you can see the log-in window, then you are good to go. If it persists, proceed to Solution 3.
- Go to each client computer where the error is displaying:
Solution 3: For user having Multi-User access mode, switch to ‘Hosting Local and Remote files’ mode
Note: Follow the below solution if the previous steps fail to resolve the error.
- Go to the home page of QuickBooks and press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Next, you need to verify whether hosting files are set to local files only, under the Local Server Information at the bottom of the window.
- Click on Multi-user Mode from the file menu.
- Open your company’s file on a network computer.
- Once the company file is open, press the F2 key to open and verify the Product Information window.
- Here you need to verify that under Local Server Information at the bottom of the window, QuickBooks Cloud Hosting is set to local files only.
Reminder: To provide uninterrupted access to QuickBooks users to the company file, the user who set up QuickBooks must remain logged in, and the computer or the device that is hosting multi-user access must be left on. However, you do not need to open QuickBooks for the same.
If you have followed the above-mentioned solution and your persists, then please proceed to Solution 4.
Solution 4: In this solution, we have discussed the steps to Run the Quick Fix my Program tool on the client computer
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub and install it on the client computer. This tool is used to run the File Doctor.
- Select program files from the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Now, select Quick Fix my Program.
- Lastly, start QuickBooks Desktop and then try to open your data file.
Solution 5: Connect with QuickBooks troubleshooting team.
Here we have discussed basic steps that users can take to Fix Error -6000, -82 or -6000, -106 when opening or accessing the company file QuickBooks. However, it is possible that there may be any basic damage issues. In this case, we recommend you to connect with our 24X7 available QuickBooks support at +1-855-922-7243 or QuickBooks chat support.