QuickBooks is an immaculate software, but you can end up facing errors while performing certain tasks. We are in anticipation that this blog will help you deal with Error H202 when you see it in QuickBooks Desktop.
You might end up seeing these errors when trying to switch into multi-user mode. The appearance of these errors means that something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server.
Fix QuickBooks Error H202
Step 1: Follow steps depending on how you host your company files
Hosting your own network
For following these steps, you’ll need to have QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server for each version of QuickBooks you use.
To set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, there are two ways:
- The Full Program option: The full version of QuickBooks Desktop and Database Server Manager installed on the server computer.
- Only server option: Only the Database Server Manager is installed on your server computer.
Hosting your own network with Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2
Follow these steps if you use Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2, to host your network. Don’t continue with the sections below if you’re using QuickBooks Enterprise, instead give us a direct call on our QuickBooks support phone number-
Step 2: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub on your server
The QuickBooks Tools Hub helps in fixing common errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub file.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolsHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions. Having done that, double-click the icon on the Windows desktop to open the tools hub.
In case you can't find the icon, search Windows for QuickBooks Tools Hub and select the program from there.
Step 3: From the Tools Hub, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
Your server computer is the one that stores your QuickBooks company file(s). Your other computers connected to your network are your workstations.
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Network Issues and then select QuickBooks database server manager.
- If your company file folders are displayed then select Start Scan inside the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After the scan finishes, select Close.
- Now, you have to open QuickBooks on each individual workstation where you spot the Error H202. Select File and Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- If you are using your server computer as a workstation for yourself, make sure to check that too.
By now things should be sorted out and your workstations should be able to go into multi-user mode without any issues, but this doesn’t happen, and you still spot error H202, resolve to step 4.
Step 4: Check the services on your server
Please note: If you’re using the full version of QuickBooks on your server computer, start off by turning on multi-user hosting.
First of all, make sure that QuickBooks services are running on your server computer. Adhere to the following steps to check QuickBooksDBXX and then follow the same for QBCFMonitorService as well.
- To start off, open the Windows Start Menu on your server computer and type “Run” into the search bar and open Run.
- Then type “services.msc” into the Run window, and press Enter.
- Double-click on QuickBooksDBXX that’s there on the list. XX notes your version of QuickBooks and then you have to select “automatic” for the startup type.
- Make sure that the service status is either Running or Started and if it’s not then select Start.
- Now, select the Recovery tab.
- Upon doing that, select restart the service from each of the drop-down menus: First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures.
- Now, select Apply followed by OK in order to save the changes.
Having followed all the above steps, open QuickBooks on each of the workstations and go to the File menu and select Switch to Multi-user Mode. In case the error still persists, move on to the next steps.
Step 5: Add services to your Windows admin group on your server
Step 6: Configure your firewall settings on your server
Step 7: Ping your server from a workstation
Step 8: Add your server to your Windows hosts file
For Further Assistance
We hope you were able to solve the H202 QuickBooks error by now, for any assistance of additional questions, please reach out on our QuickBooks customer service phone number- +1-801-610-6141. We are available 24*7 at your service.