If you are a part of the running business-oriented world, you must be using QuickBooks for managing your finances and handling your business queries. QuickBooks is quite a preferred software if you seek to organize your expenses, track business inventory, build invoices or monitor your cash flow. Moreover, QuickBooks can ease your workload and help you focus on your work.
No matter how small or bigger your transactions are you can always use this software for improving your business play cards. Yes, there are multiple functions that QuickBooks serve but the end of the day it is a software and can face problems or errors that are hard to handle. Talking about errors, one of them is QuickBooks 2014 unrecoverable error which is sometimes observed by the users before the application crashes. It’s hard to resolve this error but you can fix it with some of the below-mentioned ways.
1. Stop QuickBooks application from opening all windows at start-up
This is one of the most tried methods to solve the unrecoverable error. Here’s what you need to do:
- While you double click the QuickBooks application icon, press the Alt key.
- The application will ask for the user password, release the Alt key and then type the password.
- Now click Ok. When the application launches, click Alt again.
- Release the Alt.
2. Open a sample file
If your company file is still not opening and the error still continues, you can open a sample file. Here are the steps:
- While you double-click QuickBooks application, press Ctrl key.
- Continue to press the Ctrl key until you see the ‘ No Company Open’ option on the application.
- Click on the open sample file and select one among them. Click Ok.
Note- Click Ok if the application demands any restore or update option. And if the sample file opens without any error, the company file may be damaged.
3. Copying company file on the desktop
You could try removing the errors by changing the location of your QuickBooks applications. The error can persist due to the storage path of the file. You can follow this step to do the same:
- First of all, open the folder where you placed your company file and then find the QBW file.
- Select the file, copy and paste it on the desktop.
- Now launch QuickBooks while pressing the Ctrl key until the application displays the ‘No Company Open’.
- Browse the file you copied and click Ok.
4. Troubleshoot the application
If you have already tried all the above steps and still the unrecoverable error exists, troubleshoot the QuickBooks application. Here is how you can do it:
- Re-register QuickBooks objects in windows using Reboot.exe.
- Repair the Microsoft.NET file manually.
- Now re-install the QuickBooks application.
- After re-installation run the QuickBooks component repair tool to repair all the damaged files and components.
5. Update the QuickBooks application
Updating any application is a necessary step towards increasing the processing and workflow. Similarly, the QuickBooks also has the option of updating the app to fix all unrecoverable file and you can easily do that.
- Open QuickBooks while pressing the Ctrl key.
- Click Help->Update QuickBooks.
- Click ‘Update Now’.
- Opt for ‘New Features’ and click ‘Get Updates’.
- Exit the application after updating it.
6. Restore the company file
You can easily restore the company file with the Auto Data Recovery option.
Now you just need to open your QuickBooks application and with the above-mentioned steps, you can resolve the error. We make sure that all your queries are resolved by opting for our QuickBooks server hosting services. You can chat, call or email us anytime whenever you need. Please feel free to contact on +1-801-610-6141 to our equipped support team comprising of Microsoft certified engineers. We would be glad to help.