Table of Contents:
- Introduction to QuickBooks Remote Access
- QuickBooks Remote Access: An Overview
- How can I Access QuickBooks Desktop Remotely?
QuickBooks remote access has successfully managed to be an epitome of finance and accounting management solutions among the other tools in the market.
The QuickBooks remote desktop multiple users believe in its capabilities to conclude multiple tasks without spending too much time or effort, and thus, the software is undoubtedly leading the race. The demand for the application is growing rapidly and remote login is the major reason for such huge demand.
In this blog, we will be discussing the trouble-free ways to access QuickBooks remotely. But first of all, let’s get to know what remote access is and why it is a gold mine for QuickBooks users.
QuickBooks Remote Access: An Overview
QuickBooks desktop remote access simply means accessing the software through a secured server on the web from any system. With remote QuickBooks work, the users can access all their documents, emails, and every important information without worrying about physical location.
QuickBooks files and documents can be accessed by QuickBooks multiple users in different locations. It helps reduce travel costs and office infrastructure expenses.
Added to this, another benefit of the remote access is it allows multiple users to collaborate and work on the same project, helping managers or team leaders to easily keep track of the activities of their co-workers.
How can I Access the QuickBooks Desktop Remotely?
We have listed out three Intuit Supported Remote Access Options For QuickBooks for the users. Have a look at the options.
1. QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is one of the most preferred software offered by Intuit and works on the cloud. Users can choose different plans depending on the number of users they want to work with.
Choosing QuickBooks Online over QuickBooks Desktop is beneficial in many ways as QB Online provides:
- Easy QuickBooks shared access to the data among multiple users
- Robust support with online chat options
- Completely secure data with no backup requirements
You can further read QuickBooks Desktop vs QuickBooks Online if you want to know more about it.
2. QuickBooks via Remote Access Tool
It is one of the QB add-ons offered by Intuit. It allows users to access QuickBooks from different computers. Some of the advantages of having a QB remote access tool are:
- The users can print locally and also access their data files
- The users can copy folders and documents between remote and local machines
- The QB remote access tool provides compatibility, security, and better integration
3. QuickBooks Cloud Hosting
Intuit allows authorized hosting of QuickBooks desktop software on different third-party servers. The users can use the QB setup, which is installed on the hosting providers’ servers remotely.
The major advantage of hosting QuickBooks desktop on cloud is that the users get the same features as the QuickBooks desktop added with the advancement of hosting services.
How can You Get QuickBooks Remote Access?
Here are the required steps to get remote access:
- On your desktop, launch a web browser and then log in to your account on the official website.
- Go to the box next to the defined computer nickname and select ‘Connect’ in the Action column.
- Enter the passcode or use phone authentication and authorize your computer.
- Select ‘Remote Access’ and then click ‘End the Session’
Why Should You Choose QuickBooks Hosting?
QuickBooks hosting is indeed one of the best methods of providing better business outcomes. Hosting QuickBooks desktop on the cloud has many benefits compared to QuickBooks online.
Here are some of the major advantages of QB hosting over QB Online.
- While the online option can sometimes make the accounting work slow due to increased traffic, hosting services provide faster access to the QuickBooks data and files.
- QuickBooks Online is only outsourced and managed by Intuit. However, there are various hosting providers available to provide QuickBooks hosting. So, the users get more space for the selection of packages, benefits and can save some bucks.
- QuickBooks hosting has a large number of Add-ons as compared to limited QuickBooks Online add-ons.
You need to decide whether you prefer choosing the online version, which is a tool, or you want to go with a hosting service. Not to miss, authorized service providers like us, Sagenext, provide comprehensive hosting solutions to a variety of SMBs, CPAs, and accounting firms. We value your time and effort and guarantee 99.9% uptime along with free technical support round-the-clock.