How to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 1904 Quickly
Table of Contents:
To solve the QuickBooks Error code 1904, follow the below solution in order to get productive results:
Resolution 1: Install & Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
Step 1: Install and Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub can fix your most common problems. For this, you need to close the QuickBooks application. We recommend you to use Windows 10, 64-bit, to access the tool hassle-free.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the official website.
- Save the file at an easily located place in your system.
(Note: In case you’re already having the Tool Hub installed on your PC, you can check the version. Go to the Home tab and you will find the version located at the bottom of the screen.
- Run the file you’ve downloaded ( Generally titled QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once done, double-click the icon to run the tool hub.
Note: In case you are unable to locate the icon, you can search for the QuickBooks Tool Hub on the search bar and select the program.
Step 2: Use Install Diagnostic tool of QuickBooks
Next, automatically the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will fix and diagnose problems in your Microsoft components which QuickBooks software uses.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the tools hub tab, select Installation Issues.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Run the tool. (Note: It may take up to 20 minutes.)
- Restart your PC and open QuickBooks, once tool installation is complete.
Resolution 2: Change the Windows account settings
Switch into your Windows Admin account
- Go to the Start menu.
- Enter “CMD” in the search box.
- If you see the CMD Run icon, right-click it and then select Run as admin.
- Under your command screen, type “net user administrator /active: yes”.
- Once done, close your command window.
- Run the Windows Start menu and click on sign out.
- Choose the account which states Administrator and sign in. Plus, you won’t need a password.
Change your user permissions
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Look for “File Explorer” in the search and run the File Explorer.
- Find the C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Double-click on the Common Files folder, and then click Properties.
- Navigate to the Security section, and then tap on Edit.
- Inside the “Group or user names” screen, choose Users.
- On the “Permissions for Users” tab, turn on these permissions: Modify, Read and Read & Execute.
Resolution 3: Reinstall your QuickBooks & sign out
- Go to the control panel and uninstall the application from all programs.
- Once again install QuickBooks via the official website.
- Next, go to the Windows Start menu and sign out of the admin account.
- Sign in to the user account.
- Enter “CMD” inside the search. Once you see the CMD Run icon, double-click it and then click on Run as administrator.
- Inside the window of command, type “net user administrator /active: no”.
- Press Enter and now your administrator account will be hidden.
Resolution 4: Make an Exception to QuickBooks in the Exception List of any Installed Security Application
You are required to add QuickBooks to the exception list if you’re using any antivirus software installed in your Windows. For this, Add “C:\Program Files\Common Files” & “C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit” folders to the exclusion list.
(Note: Temporarily disabling your firewall or antivirus solution can’t fix your error.)
Facing Issues? Submit Your Queries