In this write-up, we have discussed some tried-and-tested steps to fix common errors that one often encounters while installing QuickBooks Desktop software. These common QuickBooks errors include:
- Error 1402, 1603, 1722, 1903, 1935, 1903, and 1935
- Framework errors of Microsoft .NET
- Errors linked to damaged MSXML and C++
- Getting “QuickBooks has stopped working” messages while opening QuickBooks Desktop.
Follow the steps given below to get rid of the above-mentioned issues.
STEP 1: Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and Install it on Your System
With the help of QuickBooks Tool Hub, you can easily resolve those frequently occurring QuickBooks glitches. However, you will need to close QuickBooks desktop software to use QuickBooks Tool hub. So, let’s learn how to use this tool to fix issues.
- First of all, you need to download the QuickBooks Tools Hub file and save it somewhere else from where you can easily locate it.
- Now, open the downloaded file i.e. QuickBooksTools.exe.
- Follow descriptions as shown on your screen and click agree to the terms and conditions of the Tool hub.
- Once you are done with the installation process, click on the finish button. Then double click on the Windows desktop to open the tools hub.
Please Note: In case you can’t find the icon you are looking for, you can directly search it from the Windows search box.
STEP 2: Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool if your issues are persistent.
Here are the steps to follow when installing the QB Diagnostic Tool.
- First, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the tools hub and select installation issues.
- Click on QuickBooks Installation Hub and don’t close the window while the process is going on. The installation process takes 20 minutes or less.
- Restart your computer once the above process is complete.
STEP 3: Update your Windows
Updating your operating system generally helps in eradicating installation errors.
- Restart your computer after updating your Windows.
- Now, try to open QuickBooks and the desired company file.
- If you still facing the issue, install QuickBooks again.
If you have followed the above steps and your problem is still there, then you can follow step 4 that will help you to fix specific Windows components manually.
Important note for the readers: It is recommended to follow the above-mentioned steps if you have the technical knowledge or take the help of IT experts.
STEP 4: Install QuickBooks Desktop using selective startup:
If you have antivirus and antispyware software on your computer, then it may block the installation process, and therefore, it is suggested to install QuickBooks in Safe Mode (selective mode).
Now, let’s see how to solve some specific errors while installing, updating or repairing your QuickBooks Desktop software.
While you are updating and installing a QuickBooks file it is possible that you may encounter the following error due to damaged or corrupted or missing QuickBooks installation file.
Quickbooks Error 1334
Here are the common issues that cause Error 1334. Follow the given steps to resolve this manually.
- While writing the file or file name.
In this case, verify that you have access to the file.
- The file you are trying to install can’t be installed
In this case, insert your QuickBooks CD.
If you are getting the same error message even after considering the above steps, then it may be related to QuickBooks launching issues.
Steps to solve the error while launching QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks company file with the extension .qbw.
- Now, double-click on the file (company file name.qbw file).
Note: In case, you are getting error notification while installing the software, then you need to update or repair Microsoft. NET Framework.
Fix QuickBooks Error 1712
You may encounter QuickBooks Error 1712 while installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. With the message
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712”.
With the note ‘One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible’.
The above-mentioned error can be caused due to one or more missing Windows components.
Steps to fix Error 1712:
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Please refer to step 1 of ‘How to Fix Common QuickBooks Desktop Install Errors’
Step 2: Now, run the QuickFix my Program from the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Go to the QuickBooks Tools Hub and select Program Problems.
- Select on the option of Quick Fix my Program.
- Now, try to install QuickBooks.
If the QuickBooks Tools Hub did not fix the error, try to create a Windows user with Administrator rights, and thereafter, retry to install QuickBooks.
If you are still getting the Error 1712 message, then, it is suggested to connect with QuickBooks support to resolve your issue.
QuickBooks Error 1904
Here is how to fix QuickBooks Error 1904 to install QuickBooks Desktop.
If you get a message of “Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register,”
Don’t worry, your company files and accounting data are in good shape.
Here are the steps you need to follow to fix Error 1904.
Step 1: Install and run the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool
In case you have recently upgraded to a new version of Windows, then, run the QBInstall Diagnostic tool to fix the Error 1904. Else, skip this step.
- Select the Ignore window message and then finish the process of installing QuickBooks.
- Don’t open QuickBooks, while installation is in process.
- After the above step, restart your computer.
- Now, Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and install it.
- Restart your computer after the above-said process is completed.
After following the above steps, try to open QuickBooks software. If it is opening, then you are good to go and your error has been solved and everything is fixed. Otherwise, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Fix Windows components manually
If the above step didn’t fix the error 1904 then it is suggested to repair specific Windows components.
Please Note: Below mentioned reinstalling and repair processare meant to be taken under the proper guidance of an IT personal or while working with the experts from Microsoft support:
- Start the process by reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Repair Microsoft MSXML.
If you can install QuickBooks and it is opening, then, you’re good to go. In case, you still see problems, you need to move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Change the account settings of Windows
To start the process, switch to your Windows Administrator account.
- Start ‘Windows Start menu’.
- Go to the search bar and type “CMD”. Right-click on CMD Run icon and then select run as administrator.
- Navigate command window and type “net user administrator /active: yes” and press Enter. Close the command window, when the command is complete.
- Now, open the start menu of the windows and select sign-out.
- Select the account that says Administrator and sign in. You won’t need a password.
Change the user permissions by following the given steps.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Now, go to the search bar “File Explorer” into the search and open File Explorer.
- Now, search for C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Click on the Common Files folder, and thereafter select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab, and then select Edit.
- In the “Group or user names” section, select Users.
- After the above step, go to the “Permissions for Users” section, turn on the following permissions: Modify, Read, Write, Read & execute, List folder contents.
8. Now, select Apply and then click on OK.
Steps to reinstall QuickBooks and sign out
- Install QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you are done with the installation process, open the Windows Start menu and then sign out of the administrator account.
- Now, sign in to your user account.
- After the above steps, open the Windows Start menu.
- Go to the search bar and type ‘CMD’. When you see the CMD Run icon, right-click it. Select Run as administrator.
- In this step, type “net user administrator /active: no” in the command window and press Enter. This will hide your administrator account.
Now, you can easily open QuickBooks with your regular account.
For More Information
Here we have covered most of the common QuickBooks desktop installation issues including some specific errors. However, if you still see the errors, we recommend you to connect with our 24X7 available QuickBooks support at +1-801-610-6141 or QuickBooks chat support.