How to solve QuickBooks Error 15215?
Table of Contents-
What is QuickBooks Error 15215
How can you solve QuickBooks Error 15215?
- Method 1: Reboot your PC
- Method 2: Access QuickBooks Desktop in Admin Mode
- Method 3: Checkmark: Use TLS 1.0 & Use TLS 1.1 and Uncheck: Use TLS 1.2
- Method 4: Restart System in Selective Startup
What is QuickBooks Error 15215?
While downloading the payroll updates, you might receive the following error code which states:
Error 15215: Unable to verify the digital signature.
Generally, you see this error message when there is a conflict between your application and another app running in the background when you try to update payroll. The application needs a lot of bandwidth, hindering the QuickBooks Desktop to make a connection with a server.
Else, you might face this error, when any firewall or firewall setting blocks QuickBooks Desktop payroll update.
How can you solve the QuickBooks Error 15215?
Method 1: Reboot your PC:
When you restart your system it can force applications that inhibit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll to close or reset its setting to prevent a blocked connection.
Method 2: Access the QuickBooks Desktop in Window Admin Mode
Accessing your QuickBooks Desktop in the admin window will allow it to take priority above other applications installed in your system. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Check if your QuickBooks Desktop program is closed.
- Right-click on the icon
- Click on “Run as administrator”
- If you receive a prompt:
“Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?”, click on “Yes”
Method 3: Checkmark: Use TLS 1.0 & Use TLS 1.1 and Uncheck: Use TLS 1.2
- Close your application and run Internet Explorer
- Go to Internet Options and select tools.
- Choose the Advanced section and navigate to settings.
- Find the Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1, and Use TLS 1.2 options.
Note: You may not find these options in your Internet Explorer version.
- Verify Use TLS 1.0 is checked.
- Verify Use TLS 1.1 & Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked.
- Tap on OK to quit the window.
- Reboot your PC and run the program.
- Next, download the update again.
Method 4: Restart System in “Selective Startup”
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Run window.
- Look at the list below to find out your Windows version.
Windows XP: Select Start and Run.
Windows 7 & Vista: Select Start – All Programs – Accessories – Run.
Windows 8 & 10: Press the Windows key in combination with the letter R.
- In the Run window, type MSConfig. Tap on OK.
- Next, the System Configuration Utility screen will open.
- Choose a Selective Startup.
- Uncheck your Load Startup Items check box.
- Select OK to save changes.
- Restart your PC and reopen QuickBooks to download the latest tax table.
- Move to the System Configuration Utility.
- Checkmark the Normal Startup and hit OK.
- Restart the system again.
- It ensures that your PC is functioning in a normal working environment. If you need to remove them permanently, navigate to Microsoft website and find how to clean boot Windows.
If the methods above are unable to resolve the issue, you may need to configure your Internet security, firewall, or parental control settings.
Facing Issues? Submit Your Queries