System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0
Learn about the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
To have the best experience with QuickBooks Desktop Point of sale 19.0, here’s some information on the operating system, hardware, software, and other requirements to run QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
1. Operating systems
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed.
- Windows Server 2016.
- Windows Server 2012 R2.
2. Tablet operating systems
- Windows 10
3. General requirements
- 1 GB of disk space (you’ll need extra space for data files).Display: Optimized for 1280×768 screen resolution or higher.
- 4X DVD ROM drive required for DVD installations.
4. Single user requirements
- At least 4GB of RAM (6-8 GB recommended) for a single workstation installation.
- 2.0 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended).
5. Multi-user requirements
- 8 GB of RAM is best for performance on the Point of Sale server workstation.
- 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended).
- In a multi-user configuration, each workstation running Point of Sale must have a separate user license. Every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.
6. Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requirements
- Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, or 2010.
i) QuickBooks Desktop Compatibility (sold separately).
- QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016.
- Enterprise Solutions 21.0, 20.0, 19.0, 18.0 and 17.0
ii) QuickBooks Payment account (sold separately
- Optional fee-based service, additional terms and conditions apply.
- Requires a QuickBooks Payments account. Application approval and fees apply.
- PIN Pad required for credit and debit transactions, sold separately.
- Internet connection required.
iii) Security software (sold separately)
QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 has been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite
Note: To achieve the greatest possible performance with QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale, some setups may necessitate adjusting settings in firewall and antivirus software.
iv) Webgility integration (sold separately)
Here’s a list of recommended system requirements. If you are installing both Webgility and QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0 on the same machine, make sure that it meets both sets of system requirements.
System configuration notes
The required disk space does not include company data files. If your corporate data file is vast or contains images of items, you may need additional disk space.
To run many applications concurrently, your computer needs to have a multi-core processor and a minimum of 4GB of RAM. Point of Sale will run on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems. Not all hardware devices, however, will install and function properly on 64-bit OS systems. It is recommended that you contact device makers for additional information on installing their hardware on 64-bit operating systems.
Facing Issues? Submit Your Queries