QuickBooks Desktop Pro is one of the most-used accounting software designed to cater to small and mid-sized businesses. You can manage income and expenses, track the financial health of your business, and prepare for taxes.
It is an on-premise software with robust functionalities but businesses are generally looking for any time, anywhere use and multiple user access which only a cloud-based software can provide. Hence, many organizations choose to host QuickBooks Pro on the cloud so that the accounting team can enjoy the functionality of the software and collaborate.
Features of QuickBooks Pro
QuickBooks Pro has core accounting features such as project accounting, expense reports, payroll management but it allows access for up to three users only. This software also has necessary functionalities such as creating purchase orders, tracking inventory, and managing reports.
Core Features of QuickBooks Pro-
Bank account reconciliation-
- Authorized users can link the company’s bank account and decide workflow for their accounting activities.
- Users can pay deposits, automate employee’s salary, and manage payrolls.
- Users can sync and import data from other integrated applications such as American Express, PayPal, etc.
- With QuickBooks Pro, accountants can track the expenses of a job and compare that with the revenue.
- A QuickBooks Pro software can be bought by making a one-time payment of $299.95 to Intuit.
- The software license is only valid for three years, you will still be able to use the software even after that but the Intuit team will not be able to help you in case of a query.
QuickBooks Pro Plus
If you want a more stable accounting system for your firm, then the option is QuickBooks Pro Plus. The software has an annual subscription-based pricing model. With QuickBooks Pro Plus you get automatic data backups, unlimited access to customer support, regular updates, and security patches. The annual subscription cost is $299.95 and you get a 33% discount for the first year. Since different businesses have different needs, Quickbooks Pro Plus also has two other plans except for the standard Pro Plus plan.
Pro Plus 2020 + Payroll
With this version, you get all the standard Pro Plus 2020 features, but it has enhanced payroll features such as:
- Run payroll in minutes.
- Free direct deposit.
- Payroll taxes are automatically calculated.
- Payroll data is automatically entered in QuickBooks.
- The annual subscription is $749.99 but the first-year plan is on a 33% discount.
Pro Plus 2020 + Hosting
This version includes added benefits of QuickBooks Desktop Hosting services.
These are some of the benefits of it:
- Use QuickBooks remotely from any device.
- Data is secured as it is stored on the cloud
- Work with the team in real-time, no matter where one is located.
- This reduces IT equipment and maintenance costs.
- Its yearly subscription charge is $749.99, but it comes with a 23% discount for the first year.
How to host QuickBooks?
The QuickBooks software of your choice can be hosted on the cloud by installing it on remote servers. QuickBooks can be hosted on the cloud by following these simple steps:
1. Licensed copies of the software will be installed on the server of the service provider.
2. The QuickBooks user is given access to the server over the Internet with certain configurations:
- Apply security procedures to secure the application.
- Set up a connection between the end-user device and the server using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that can be configured to login by the desired user.
- The server is customized to be accessed by any device having internet connectivity.
3. The user can then access and work on QuickBooks Desktop through RDP or a web browser. All the changes made on QuickBooks Desktop will automatically be saved.
Benefits of hosting QuickBook Desktop Pro on cloud
There are multiple benefits of hosting QuickBooks Desktop on the cloud. It provides automated updates, team collaboration, data security, automatic data entries, effortless file sharing, etc. No small or mid-sized business wants to spend extensively, but hosting QuickBooks Pro on the cloud is affordable and has multiple benefits:
1. Team collaboration: The team can remotely collaborate and work together no matter whether they are at the workstation or not. This is one of the key advantages of hosting your accounting software on the cloud. Multiple authorized users can access data from different locations. The users can edit, review, and analyze important files.
2. Integration with third-party software and apps: Every accounting software has some limitations which can be fulfilled with other accounting software or apps. Various third-party apps or add-ons can be added with the software;. This gives accountants a much more integrated work experience. It gets less time-consuming with the third-party app integration tasks such as time tracking, report making, and creating bills.
3. Effortless File Sharing: Cloud eliminates the need to share important files via emails. Sending out emails can take up a lot of time, but with the cloud-hosted QuickBooks software, you can share files with the other users simultaneously.
4. Reduced IT expenses: if you decide to host QuickBooks Pro or Pro Plus on the cloud, then the expenses of an IT team are cutoff since server maintenance is done by the cloud hosting provider. Accounting staff does not have to worry about IT resources and can focus solely on accounting operations.
5.Scalable plans: no business can remain in the same condition for the whole financial year. During the tax season, accounting firms get a huge influx of customers. If your firm is doing cloud accounting then you can upscale your plan and get more resources during tax season.
You can also downscale your plan when you are getting a limited influx of customers. So this feature of cloud accounting makes your accounting firm more flexible than the other competitors.
How to choose the right QuickBooks hosting provider?
No matter which QuickBooks version you choose, the performance mainly depends upon the cloud hosting provider. You should know about the services that highly reputable QuickBooks cloud hosting providers deliver:
1. Free Trial: It is important to confirm that the hosting provider can provide you with high-performance servers as promised by them. So to put the customers at ease some companies give free trials too. Otherwise, later you will be disappointed if the performance does not match your expectations.
2. Automatic Data Backups: Automatic data backups are provided by all cloud hosting providers, but what needs to be taken into consideration is their duration of storage, recovery time, and whether they can give you an extension in some cases or not.
3. Customer Service: Good customer service is really important since you will be trusting a hosting provider with all the technical support. The technical support team should:
- Offer 24 x 7 customer support.
- Have good technical skills and low response time.
- Remain available via email, chat, and phone.
4. Data Security: Accounting data is very critical for business, so the QuickBooks hosting provider must take good security measures such as:
- Firewall, antivirus, multiple-factor authentication.
- Multiple data centers located in different locations, so your data is safe in case of a natural disaster.
- End-to-end encryption.
5. 99.9% uptime: Downtime is inevitable but responsible cloud hosting providers will give out their downtime information and reputable hosting providers have 99.9% uptime.
6. Server Performance: The work of an accountant is fast-paced, so the accounting software needs to run without any lag. Hence, server providers must use HPC (High-performance Computing) servers.